MPC-301 is a two-component, high-solids, aliphatic polyurethane coating designed as a UV-stable, chemical-resistant topcoat. It gives a satin appearance and demonstrates excellent physical properties and resistance to industrial traffic. It can be applied over an epoxy primer or used to coat an existing epoxy or urethane coating. This product is also ecological and contains no VOCs.
- UV stable topcoats
- Industrial Use – Garages; Warehouses; Airports and hangars; Processing and manufacturing plants. Maintenance facilities
Packaging and Recommended Thickness
MPC- 301 is offered in the following kit sizes:
- 1-gallon kit (3.78L) / including anti-slip abrasive Mix Ratio by volume 4A:1B
- Bulk packaging also available upon request
500 sq. ft. / 3.78L (1 US gal.) @ 3.2 mils dft (81 microns)
Remove dust, dirt, grease, oil and all other contaminants with proper cleaner/degreaser. Prepare the surface mechanically as per ICRI-CSP2 profile by diamond grinding to ensure removal of laitance, curing agents and sealers. The compressive strength of a newly poured concrete substrate must be at least 25 MPA (3635 psi) after 28 days cure and at least 1.5 MPA (218 psi) tensile strength. Be careful with condensation (within 10 degrees of the dew point).
Pre-mix each component separately for 2-3 minutes each. Open container of component A then add component B to it (mixing ratio 4:1 by volume). To obtain a satin finish, add bag of abrasive grit to the mixture. Mix the components for at least 2-3 minutes using a low-speed drill (300-450 rpm) to reduce air entrapment and to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Apply 1st coat of MPC-301 using a rubber squeegee and roll to obtain a uniform coating (using a fine quality 10mm roller).
Clean equipment with xylene. Once the product has hardened, it may only be removed mechanically.
- Not recommended for application at temperatures below 10°C / 50°F or above 30°C / 86°F.
- Ambient humidity of the surroundings should not exceed 85% during application and during curing process.
- Substrate temperature must be 3°C (5.5°F) above measured dew point.
- Humidity content of substrate must be < 4% at time of application.
- Do not apply on porous surfaces where a transfer of humidity may occur during the application.
- Applying this product on a substrate without a moisture barrier may risk delamination due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Freshly applied product must be protected against moisture, condensation and water for at least 48 hours.
Health and Safety
Components A and B contain toxic ingredients. Consult the safety data sheet (S.D.S) for further information.
|Mix Ratio:||By volume: 4-parts hardener (A) to 1-part resin (B) By weight: 100g of hardener (A) to 20g of resin (B)|
|Viscosity:||Mixed: 300 – 400 cps|
|Pot Life (120g):||120 minutes|
|Shelf Life:||1 year in unopened containers|
|Working Times:||30 minutes|
|Drying Times:||Light foot traffic – 24 hours (24C and 50% relative humidity) Full cure and full chemical resistance (heavy traffic) – 7 days|
|Abrasion Resistance (CS- 17/1000cycles/1000g)||8.8, ASTM D4060|
|Static coefficient of friction||0.60, ASTM D4060|
|Traction resistance||6250 (43.092), ASTM D2370|
|Elongation||7, ASTM D2370|
|Products||1 day||7 day|
|Hydrochloric acid, 10%||Excellent||Excellent|
|Hydrochloric acid, 30%||Excellent||Excellent|
|Nitric acid, 10%||Good||Weak|
|Phosphoric acid, 50%||Good||Good|
|Sulfuric acid, 37% (battery acid)||Excellent||Good|
|Acetic acid, 10%||Excellent||Excellent|
|Citric acid, 10%||Excellent||Excellent|
|Ethylene glycol (antifreeze)||Excellent||Excellent|
The information and recommendations contained in this technical data sheet are based on reliable test results according to MPC. The data mentioned are specific to the material indicated. If used in combination with other materials, the results may be different. It is the responsibility of the user to validate the information therein and to test the product before using it. MPC assumes no legal responsibility for the results obtained in such cases. MPC assumes no legal responsibility for any direct, indirect, consequential, economic or any other damages except to replace the product or to reimbursement the purchase price, as set out in the purchase contract.Download Technical Sheet